Changes in the CD Archive, were to find Images etc.

Space is limited on developer and suddenly, builder wasn't able to build
new iso-images whenever needed. So I tested a bit localy on my own
server, and found out that if we started to use rdiff instead of storing
full iso's (gzipping them didn't help much), we could reduce the storage
need to keep the old Woody CD's from 25 GB to 5 GB. I did something in
between, and kept some images, and created rdiff for all of them. SO now
we have the following full Woody-based CD's on developer:
 skolelinux-i386-pr1.raw
 skolelinux-i386-pr[1-4]0.iso
 skolelinux-i386-pr47.iso
 skolelinux-i386-rc3.iso
 skolelinux-i386-release-1.0.iso
 skolelinux-i386-release-1.0r1+di_rc2.iso
and we have the rdiff for each of the images from 1.0r1+di_rc2 and down
to pr1, so that if we need more space later, we can only remove the
older iso's I've also generated the missing md5sums and added them to
MD5SUM file.
That way it was possible to move the new Sarge-based prereleases into
the skolelinux-cd archive, and still have space for the expected 20 or
so prereleases, release candidates and Release for Sarge based
Debian-edu/Skolelinux. I expect us to release 1 prerelease for both i386
and powerpc architecture each month for July, August, September and
Oktober, Hopefully 3 or 4 Reelase candidates in November, and hopefully
a release of a sarge based debian-edu/skolelinux in December.

So what does this mean ?
It means that many of the pointers that exists on the website on how to
fetch the latest stable, and the prereelase version of sarge based CD's
needs to be updated. The latest stable release can be fetched by rsync from:
ftp.skolelinux.no::skolelinux-cd/skolelinux-i386-release-1.0r1+di_rc2.iso
by ftp or http from
ftp.skolelinux.no/skolelinux-cd/skolelinux-i386-release-1.0r1+di_rc2.iso

The latest prerelease of Sarge-based debian-edu cd can be fetched by
rsync from
ftp.skolelinux.no::skolelinux-cd/debian-edu_sarge-i386-pr04.iso
or by ftp and http from
ftp.skolelinux.no::skolelinux-cd/debian-edu_sarge-i386-pr04.iso

If you want an image that is not stored as an iso, please read
http://developer.skolelinux.no/dokumentasjon/handling_iso_rdiffs.txt

Please note that you have to patch backwards, eg start with pr04, then
apply patch to get pr03, then again apply patch to get pr02  and further.

There is also a powerpc beta cd , which actually works, but has a
problem with automatic partitioning when using more than one volume
group (Mainserver). This only applies to the powerpc variant. not sure
if it only happens on pegasos, or if it also happens on other powerpc
boxes. please see
http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=317596 if you want to
help out.

--