Re: NetInstall: Deploying workstations by PXE boot

On Wed, Jul 13, 2005 at 09:37:21AM +0200, Finn-Arne Johansen wrote:
> RalfGesellensetter wrote:
> > Dear List,

   <snip/>

> > Sunday, high noon, we watched a wokstation booting Skolelinux-Venus via
> > PXE, asking for profiles and language, which all went very quick.
>
> Why do you continue to work on Venus ?

Please read "Skolelinx-Venus" as "an available Skolelinux server",
so neglet the (old) version indicator.

> > Now, there is not an end, but a bend on the road: The initramdisk
> > forwarded to the client is hardcoded to install from local CD drive.
> > AFAIK, Geert already asked for its location in CVS, because adapting
> > the source is better than hacking the image itself.
>
> The initramdisk is fetched from upstream debian-installer, I think.

Could that be confirmed?

> > [BTW: What is the contact address for the new Debian-Edu Release team?]
>
> This list works fine. But most of the Release team has taken some days
> of. I guess the team will be more active in a couple of weeks.

I shall calm down  :-)

Right now I have the unplesant feeling that my

  "Hey guys, Debian-edu could be better"

is exprienced as pressing where it hurts   :-(

Cheers
Geert Stappers