Re: LTSP and lessdisks

> > any other comments on lessdisks, LTSP or other alternatives?
>
> LTSP is changing to become more like lessdisk, fetching debian
> packages to build the client environments dynamically.

about time :)

the only reference i can find about this is:

http://wiki.ltsp.org/twiki/bin/view/Ltsp/MueKow

and a post saying it doesn't yet exist from late may:

http://www.mail-archive.com/ltsp-discuss@lists.sourceforge.net/msg23615.html

> There are rumors that it will be based on Ubuntu in the future, I've
> been told that K12LTSP and the LTSP developers are moving to Ubuntu.
> Some info is available from <URL:https://wiki.ubuntu.com//LTSPHowTo>.

this merely describes how to setup the current LTSP (4.1), not a method
to install and LTSP chroot using standard debian packages (like
lessdisks does).

> I would like for someone to take the good parts from ltsp, and the
> good parts from lessdisk, and combine them together to get a very good
> thin client solution.  I suspect this is what is being done right now
> over at Canonical with the LTSP on Ubuntu effort.

i am very interested in this, but it would be helpful to find where to
start!

any links to more information about the status of these projects?  have
they been re-named something else?  are they being worked on in secret
labs in old castles powered by lightning-bolts?

live well,
  vagrant