Re: less hard coded config files

On Mon, Jun 20, 2005 at 01:04:09AM +0200, Jonas Smedegaard wrote:
> I believe the local admin (or the CDD tool behaving as if it was the
> local adming - in violation of Debian Policy 10.7.4) can't blame the
> packaging system if changing conffiles into something else than files.

I think we come closer to the core of the problem when looking at
the *packaging system* as the problem. In it's present form it is
not fit to deal with upgrading conffiles or config files, while
it should be.

If you want any pice of software (except for your shopping
wizzard) to buy you software that is your problem. If you have
feature expectations towards a pice of software, especially a
debian package, to behave user friendly and easily managable that
is entirely ok. *Not* doing so would be against our social
contract, since our (and your) first priority are our users (and
free software, which would profit in the process, too).

dont think just because you got used to the dpkg question about
your old conffiles that is a good solution. (c: