Translators' report from the gathering in Bergen June 2005

Gathering at St. Paul school in Bergen, Norway June 10-12 2005

Translators:

Axel Bojer
Jørgen Grønlund
Gaute Hvoslef Kvalnes
Cecilie Wian
Øivind Holm
Eivind Magnus Hvidevold

Work:

- KOffice 1.4 is due in a few days, so we have finished the most important parts in Norwegian Bokmål and Nynorsk.

- This time three new translators showed up: Cecilie, Øivind og Eivind.

- Axel did some quality control of KDE, worked on our dictionary and guided the new translators. He also worked with the group that planned a simpler menu structure for Skolelinux.

- Gaute worked mostly on KOffice and Kopete, and a bit on the KDE games and other smaller bits of KDE.

- Jørgen translated some of the files in kdepim.

- Cecilie finished some of the KOffice applications.

- Eivind translated parts of KStars.

- Mark Shuttleworth from Ubuntu came by and presented the web based translator tool Rosetta. He was interested in how we use KBabel, because he'd like to make Rosetta as good as possible. During Saturday, he implemented the "auxiliary translation" feature in his development version of Rosetta. This is a useful tool in KBabel, which lets the translators compare the strings to other languages they know.

- The translators worked in a separate room, so the work was efficient and without disturbance or serious computer problems. Our host and organizers have done a great job!

Regards,
 Gaute Hvoslef Kvalnes