Re: italc, vnc-eye

> ... well floppyd works but there are still problems with different
> USB-Memory sticks getting no or different device-files...
> but that's another story...
we had the same problems at school, so I wrote a small tool, monitoring
USB-devices:

http://www.webhochhaus.de/tobias/project_usbwatcher.htm

Maybe this will help you... It polls /proc/partitions for partitions with
device-major ID 8 (SCSI/USB-devices).
If you use the KDE-frontend, you'll also have a small icon in system-tray,
where you can control the usb-device. When only running the server, the
USB-sticks are automatically mounted at /media/usb0, /media/usb1 and so on...

We're using it sucessfully for months at school and I'm using it also at home.

Tobias