Re: Why CMS instead of integration with Debian web?

On Tue, 15 Mar 2005, Jonas Smedegaard wrote:

It makes better sense to be defining an area for "top down" documents
written in english and translateable by Debian translation teams.
Perhaps another similar area with norwegian as the prime language.
If I'm not completely wrong you can set whatever prime language you
want in debian-www but it would be sane to keep it consistent in a
certain area to avoid confusion belong the translators.

Those two areas should be done the Debian way, to have it translated by the
Debian translation teams into the 20+ languages actively maintained
there. Aside from that each language with active participants in
Skolelinux could then be given a CMS to throw in documents of their own,
to support local activities.
This absolutely fits my idea about keeping the effort for static content
low while staying with the previous flexible method where necessary.
Thanks for turning my words in something people were able to understand. ;-)

I became aware of these things at the Skolelinux gathering in january: A
short meeting was held to discuss(?) switching to eZ, but it turned out
the decision was made already and the meeting was just to acknowledge
the decision.

It seems noone wants to enlighten us publicly - aside from Knut who
carefully writes the technical reasons as rumors, not something he take
responsibility for himself, even though he attended that same short
meeting as me in january and he was the one agressively stopping my
questions then.
Sounds like an internal SkoleLinux cabal reflecting the "big" cabal about
etch release plan. ;-)

Well - do you then continue to cc the list as some kind of
countermeassure to those race conditions? :-P

(you target the lsit _and_ cc the list - no need to do that)
I never noticed that.  I have to admit that I use a piece of non-free software:
pine.  It is not because I know it is good, but it is operated by my backbone
and fingers exclusively since the early 90th.  Pine does not know a list reply
like mutt (there will be a day when I switch ... ;-) ) and thus the list comes
only in CC while the originl poster is in TO.  My way was to just remove the
TO without making anybody angry for several years.  Looking at the list archive
I now see what you mean.  I hope to remember that I have to move the address
to the TO field but I do not think that the message is really sended twice but
just makes a strange footprint in the archive.

Kind regards

          Andreas Tille.

--
http://fam-tille.de