Re: Next debian-edu/skolelinux developer gathering, March 2005

On Tuesday 08 March 2005 10:12, Mari Wang wrote:
> We have reached March, and it should be time for another
> development gathering.
>
> The sad fact is that no one on the board has time to put into
> organising the event at the moment - if someone else has the time
> and energy, please go ahead.
>
> The break between the January gathering and the April gathering
> will be very long if we are unable to organise something now - it
> would be great if someone could manage this.
>
> We have two dates to choose from in March:
>
>  - 12. to 13. of March
>
>  - 19. to 20. of March (the last weekend before easter, might be
>                         inconvenient for some people)
>
> Because of the dates for the Greece gathering (15th to 17th of
> April), I think postponing it any more might put the two of them
> very close in time...  Just a point to bear in mind.
>
> The skeleton of a registration file is present in cvs, in the
> 'usual place', (www/info/delprosjekter/prosjekter/).
BTW. Developer gathering.
Thats a point which gives me an idea reading your mail.

What would you think if we will have a Skolelinux/Debian-Edu Developer
meeting at LinuxTag Karlsruhe?
But with a bit an other direction than our normal meetings. We may use
such a public developer meeting to present our work and the people
behind our project. See it as some kind of showcase which may help to
make our work more transparent.

It might be a chance to show people of the public and educational
sector how we are working and who we are. It will give me the chance
to introduce politicians from the edu field to skolelinux and the
people which stand behind this project.

Last LinuxTag I invited a lot of politicians from Germany and Europe
offering them a guided tour and introducing them to the
'protagonists' of free Software projects. After the tour trough the
fair hall and after introducing them to the people behind some of the
projects I had a meeting room where we had some very interesting
discussions afterwards.

This kind of guided tours seem to be very effective. I did this for a
first time on CeBIT last year and took the chance to introduce Free
Sotware and GNU/Linux as a economical and social modell which is 100%
conform to the social and legal priciples of the islamic countries.
And as a result I got invitations for this year by organisations from
Iran, Indonesia, Malaysia and others.

For people from the political field invitations to LinuxTag Karlsruhe
have to be send at week 2 to 4 of april. If this could be done
earlier this would be better especially if we want to invite European
politicians and politicians from other continents.

Bye,
Thomas