Re: bugzilla-skolelinux subscribed?

Søndag 4. desember 2005 18:57, skrev Florian Reitmeir:
> after the many bugzilla mails on this list, i wonder why bugzilla is
> subscribed to this list? isn't it simplier/nicer to create a own list
> for it? Instead of flooding/spamming this one?

It has been a lot of bug-reports because of the developer gathering this
weekend.

The posting of bugs to the developer-lists in the Skolelinux projects,
has a purpose to motivate people to squeeze bugs. The Skolelinux
projects has a lot of contributors not well known with the traditional
"Debian" way to do things. We have more than 120 contributors where
just around 10 are Debian developers. We hope more will make the
effort to be a Debian developer. But when coordinating the activeties,
to get the bug reports at the same list as developer-info is a good
thing.

To keep the motivation up, and the focus on developing, the bugs are
posted on this list, as a reminder of what to be done. People also meet
each other at developer-gathering as often as 6-9 weekends in a year.
We have made a couple of other lists concerning translation, and
supporting user's. The Norwegian lists for regular users, mainly
schools, is also active. The German group has the same, and in other
parts for the world.

To sum it up. It's simpler to post bugzilla information on this
developer-list, and it should be a motivation for people to squeeze
bugs. I recommend that you also join in to help out fixing and closing
bugs, as a real do-o-crat. To show the bugs that are fixed or needs
fixing, is an important part of the Skolelinux-project.

If you wanna join in, you just now got an invitation. The first thing
you could do is to squeeze a bug, so that we can see the developer list
get "flooded" with proof that you are contributing with the main
activities in the Skolelinux / debian-edu projects. We also appreciate
other kind of contributions, as this page explains:

http://www.skolelinux.org/portal/contribute/

Regards,

Knut Yrvin