edu-meeting at akademy

Good morning

Now I will give you a short overview about th edu-meeting from the
kde-conference. There were many talks and meetings, but now I will brief
you about this meeting.

Someone from Meduxa, one wikipedia, three kde-edu developers, a linux
lug member from malaga, an other kde-developer and me attended the
meeting.
We discussed possible options for cooperation.
A possibility is to get an own wiki for all projects together. Maybe we
will get a plattform at wikipedia. There we can share files for
teachers, for example we can prepare lessons, user-guides and we can
discuss the need of new applications there.
Especially a cooperation with Meduxa is very important and the Meduxa
represantative and me were close in contact about possible cooperations
(there is also a picture with a hand shake ;=).
We also discussed the need of new applications. I asked for applications
such as squeek and other applications which can be used by teachers to
teach the programming languages (on a low level, so they are ready to
use the applications).
Important is that we are not only offering applications, but also guides
of how to use them and examples for teaching, this is what proprietary
learning software have and which is often missing in opensource
software.
Meduxa has there a good system, where teachers prepare lessons and give
them back to the project.

An other important poing of the meeting was how to report bugs right and
in which way we can improve the bugzillas. There we have to talk to
Meduxa and kde at a later point of the cooperation, but there were good
ideas.

So now I will stop here. Maybe these information help you and give you a
background of the edu-meeting, which i think was very important for the
skolelinux-project and I hope that I was a good represantative for the
project, at a later point I have enough time to give more information.
Please discuss these points on the list or in irc.
I think a cooperative wiki can be the start of a long partnership
between the edu-projects and skolelinux can only benefit from that.

Greetings

Steffen