Re: squeak licence

Le mercredi 24 août 2005 à 01:47 +0200, Georges Khaznadar a écrit :

> Let's suppose that the community of squeak users becomes significantly
> large, and that a random company sues Apple about a random usage of a
> random derivative work of Squeak made by a random user. Even if the
> trial is lost by the agressive company, it produces a lot of mess,
> beginning with the legal obligation for the random user to indemnify
> Apple for the lawiers' fees. As long as this strange paragraph will be
> part of Squak's license the opportunity of such a mess is open.

If this paragraph was absent of the SL, it will not prevent the random
company to sue directly the random user. Present or not present,
pratically I am not convinced this paragraph changes anything. We still
can be sue at random time.

> The idea to buy the rights may proove effective. However, how may the
> bargain begin?

Hum, better spend the money to rewrote the relevant code in a cleaner
license.

Hilaire Fernandes

--
CDDP des Landes