Re: squeak licence

On Tue, Aug 23, 2005 at 09:35:28PM +0200, David C. Weichert wrote:
> Am Dienstag, den 23.08.2005, 17:22 +0200 schrieb michele.drechsler:
> > I would really prefer to get the package from debian instead of having
> > > to maintain it outside debian.
> > >
> > would that be simpler?
>
> Maintaining packages outside Debian is fundamentally wrong on many
> levels.

[1]

The blunt version would be:     BS

Having a archive with educational software will make debian-edu visible.

Yes, I'm promoting "duplicate effort" of building and maintaining ftp
servers like the Debian ftp servers.

It is the best signal to publishers of educational software.
When they see the  debian-edu.org ftp server network that is
apt-getable, then they will build their ftp server that is
apt-getable. Publishers and others who sell software will want
to have their own distribution channel. Please show them the good things
of Debian packaging, including apt-get.

> Pakete ausserhalb von Debian bereitzuhalten ist auf vielen Ebenen
> fundamental falsch.
>
> Regards
> David

Cheers
Geert Stappers

[1] the word fundamentalist comes to mind,
but calling someone a fundamenalist is surely not the best opening.