Re: 2.6 based clients with sound on pr05 (documented)

* James Yale <james.yale@gmail.com> [050819 13:55]:

> Hi,
>
> I've been working for a while on getting pr05 (and afew other releases
> previously) working on some new Dell Optiplex 170t's to go into some
> small schools here in the UK.
we need more schools in UK, dont forget to put it into our
database ;-)

http://www.skolelinux.org/no/user_experience/test_schools/test_schools_add

> I had trouble with hardware support so got the clients using the 2.6
> based kernel and modules, its all pretty much working now, but since
> I'm doing this for work, I've documented the process as a sort of
> simple installation guide which someone unfamiliar with linux should
> be able to follow.
thanks!

> I asked about contributing the docs on the IRC channel, and they said
> to ask here - can/should I contribute the docs, will they be useful?
> They should apply to anyone setting up Intel ICH5 based PCs with pr05
> (I'm also being encouraged by work to contribute them, as they want to
> be seen to give something back).
the german and the french skolelinux team startet to document the
debain-edu sarge based version in our wiki

it would be very helpfull to have your documentation there too

please contact dave@skolelinux.de

he is coordinating the new documentation

> The PDF is available here:
> http://www.jim.moodle.uk.net/skole/installing_configuring_skolelinux_05.pdf
>
> (The PDF is possibly not final, I'm looking at including how to
> install fai to provide Windows images to the workstations aswell)

some other person have alredy started to integrate fai into
skolelinux

@holger levsen what about?

> I'd appreciate any comments/feedback,

many thanks for your detailled work!

i would appreciate to have you in the documentation and testing
team ;-)

Would you please write, where in UK the schools are?

Thanks!

Regards/AmicaLinuxement/Viele Gruesse!
Kurt Gramlich
--