Re: lessdisks

Thierry BOCK wrote:
> Hello,
>
> We have some problems to get lessdisks working, and could use some help.

Are you using the default setup in debian-edu, or from sarge, from
lessdisks stable or lessdisks experimental ?

> It seems that the debs are broken for Xfree86 4.3.0.1.

Looks like you have a newer version of XFree86 than the one in sarge -
see below

> the client stats and crashes when it tries to start X.
> the creens blinks as if frequency was too high.
Try the following:
 lessdisks-chroot passwd -u root

now you might log in and check /var/log/Xfree86.0.log
and edit /var/state/lessdisks/etc/XF86Config to fix your settings.
if you find a setting that works, you may edit
/etc/lessdisks/terminals/default on the server.
To find which variables that work, take a look at
/var/lib/lessdisks/usr/share/lessdisks/ltsp_functions

then you might try to start X again with the command "X-lessdisks"

> the packets x-window-system-core and x-window-system are not on the
> official repositories.

finnarne@fajx300:~$ apt-cache policy x-window-system-core
x-window-system-core:
  Installert: 4.3.0.dfsg.1-14
  Kandidat: 4.3.0.dfsg.1-14
  Versjonstabell:
 *** 4.3.0.dfsg.1-14 0
        500 http://ftp.no.debian.org sarge/main Packages
        100 /var/lib/dpkg/status
finnarne@fajx300:~$

Do you have other sources for XFree86, or are you using etch or sid,
which may have switched to using X.org?

--
Finn-Arne Johansen
faj@bzz.no http://bzz.no/