Re: Macromedia Flash player distribution

Eldon Koyle wrote:
> On  Aug 12  0:03+0200, Finn-Arne Johansen wrote:
>
>>Petter Reinholdtsen wrote:
>>
>>>[Vidar Bakke]

>>>We can't put it on the CD without making it available for download.
>>>

>>Unless we change the way we build the CD ..
>>

> Is that wise?  Is there anything on the CD that requires flash?  If not,
> then the user will probably not need macromedia's flash plaugin unless
> they have internet access, in which case why not save yourself some
> trouble and use the flashplugin-nonfree package from contrib?

The trouble by using an installer that downloads from the internet is
that many sites install without an internett connection, and that the
last step has to be done after the server is connected to the net.
Remember that we are talking about a server solution that works out of
the box.

--
Finn-Arne Johansen
faj@bzz.no http://bzz.no/