Re: Updating the web pages (Was: Free and why it will last forever)

Am Sonntag, den 07.08.2005, 13:35 +0200 schrieb Petter Reinholdtsen:

> Personally, I want to be able to work offline on web pages, and
> commit/upload them to the server when I get online, and I also want to
> get an email with the diff of the documents whenever something is
> changed on the web pages.  I would also like to be _able_ to update
> the web pages.  Neither of these wishes are fulfilled on
> skolelinux.org today.

Which is a pity since Zope/Plone - which is used - has all these
features. There even is a WYSIWYG HTML Editor for non technical people
(see demo at:
http://www.zfl.uni-bielefeld.de/personal/mjablonski/epoz/index.html) and
of course you can upload plain HTML via ftp.

> Are there wikis around which work the way I want it to work?  Are
> there wikis available making it easy to administrate and handle
> translations?

There is a Wiki for Zope/Plone (ZWiki). I find it very good. Ubuntulinux
work with it for their documentation.

Regards
David