Want to help out with debian-edu?
Kurt asked me to write down the list I mentioned during the debian-edu
meeting yesterday here at debconf5. These are tasks for both debian
developers and others.
- get existing educational software into debian/main. There are
package lists available from k12ltsp, lliurex, edubuntu, and other
sources. (Please provide more sources)
- fetch useful patches from ubuntu and other sources and get them into
- make the packages we use possible to configure the way we want them
at install time, in a way that keep them upgradable.
- help the free Java and free flash developers to get them capable of
running the applications schools want to use in a safe way.
- help to get LTSP into Debian, to attract the LTSP community to
There are of course more tasks left, but this could be a good starting
Edubuntu, <URL:http://www.edubuntu.org/EdubuntuSoftware> and
It would be great if we had a histogram of whick packages are in how
many education-related distributions, to make sure we have the most
popular (or even all) packages in Debian.