Re: backup-burning

fredag 17. juni 2005, 10:05, skrev Steffen Joeris (white):
> Have a look at them and tell me if you can use them or
> not. I am unable to test them here, because I have no
> skolelinux-network at credativ.

Skolelinux has a backup service. We made a backup service because the
limitations to burning users from a whole school network on a CD or
DVD. Just the handling of the system would take more than 1 hour a week
when using a solution with removable media. The storage place on a CD
or a DVD would be to small. This is enlighten in the report where the
choices were considered in 2003:

http://developer.skolelinux.no/info/studentgrupper/2003-backup/backup-kravspek.pdf
http://developer.skolelinux.no/info/studentgrupper/2003-backup/

So this is why we wanted to recomend ha disk-storage as a backup-system
that everything is done automaticly with no additional handling of the
storage what so ever :-). A teacher at a school has 1-4 hours a week to
operate 150-350 users and 60-100 desktops. Then they have to much to
do ...

- Knut