Date: Sat, 28 May 2005 00:09:16 -0700
From: kinchew <kinchew.lim@gmail.com>
To: AOSSS@googlegroups.com
Subject: Moodle - the Open Source Learning Management System

Hi Everybody,

I am sure many of you who attended the 5th Asia Open Source Software
Symposium in Beijing in March 2005 will have heard of Moodle.  There
was a presentation by an AOSSS participant from Malaysia.

Anyway, there is an interesting article which I just found out when I
browse the website at http://linuxtoday.com.

The article is entitled:  Moodle:  An Open Source Learning Management
System.  The author is Aditya Nag and the URL is at:
http://business.newsforge.com/article.pl?sid=05/05/09/2117200

Here is a snippet from this article:

" Distance education is becoming more important in today's connected
world. Universities and schools are supplementing traditional
classroom-based learning with electronic learning management systems
(LMS) -- software designed to deliver on-line education. You may know
such software by other names, such as managed learning environments,
virtual learning environments, or course management systems. Moodle is
the definitive open source learning management system. Like most LMSes,
it make extensive use of the Internet, with features such as discussion
forums, chats, journals, automated testing and grading tools, and
student tracking. Because it's open source, it's also broadly
extensible by its large user community."

Does anybody have anything interesting to share, especially in the
educational applications of open source software?

I hope to hear from other participants.

Regards

Lim Kin Chew