Re: SkoleLinux @ Gamesconverntion ?

>From Andreas Tille on Saturday, 2005-04-30 at 14:32:34 +0200:
> On Sat, 30 Apr 2005, RalfGesellensetter wrote:
>
> >Are there any adventure like games (like quest for thales or whatever)?

Not sure what quest and thales look like, but have you seen

flight-of-the-amazon-queen ???

> I have absolutely no idea about Games Convention and it is definitely
> not the exhibition of my taste.  But I just read that they will include
> also educational stuff.  Thus I wanted to make sure that there will also
> be "the right" educational stuff ...

Sounds like a possible avenue for Snofrix?

http://www.skolelinux.no/~conrad/snofrix/html/us/programs.html

I am sitting on a new version -- just waiting for a few bugs
to be ironed out in planetpenguin-racer (formerly tuxracer)
and gcompris.  It's not exactly high-tech gaming, but it
nicely straddles the line between education and entertainment.

Hope to make releases soon in several different languages,
including German.  The documentation into other languages
besides Norwegian and English is not yet full translated,
although it is at least started in several other languages:

http://www.skolelinux.no/~conrad/snofrix/html/de/intro.html
http://www.skolelinux.no/~conrad/snofrix/html/fr/intro.html
http://www.skolelinux.no/~conrad/snofrix/html/it/intro.html
http://www.skolelinux.no/~conrad/snofrix/html/no/intro.html
http://www.skolelinux.no/~conrad/snofrix/html/us/intro.html

etc.

> I'm unsure by myself if we should take part but wanted not to hide
> this idea.

I understand your reservation, but if someone else has mentioned
"educational stuff", this fits.

Conrad