Re: Installation (standalone+standalone extra, main+ltsp) 2005.02.15

Knut Yrvin wrote:
I have tested this image (from 2005.02.15 23:09):
ftp://ftp.skolelinux.no/tmp/faj_sarge/debian-edu_sarge-i386-latest.iso

ouch, that image was kind of "in the middle of something"

Used this document
http://developer.skolelinux.no/dokumentasjon/debian-edu_sarge_installation.txt

1. The standalone + standalone extra went straight up with the expected localisation bug (no_NO <-> nb_NO)
    It would be nice with anti aliased font's at once ;-)

Could someone tell how this is done ?

2. Installed as expected the main + ltsp install
2.1  The installation hangs on munin and ntpdate
(ntpdate probably hangs because i have not connected the main server to Internet)

I think it's a dns issue, anyway, the ntp service shoudl use ntp, not pool.ntp.org as it's server

2.2  localisation bug (no_NO <-> nb_NO) appeared as expected
2.3  Made the AUTOFS-LDAP work around (the first choice)
2.4 Made the LTSP4 fix with the kernel 2.4.26-ltsp-2 and USE_XFS=Y

3. No browser reached https://tjener.intern:10000 (even if I disabled the proxy (both in the browser and in /etc/environment)
  - Not Konqueror
  - Not mozilla
  - Not lynx

Did you remember to restart the main server after it was first installed?

did you check if webmin was actually working ?

   A web-page (directory) was reached with http://tjener.intern
   From there I reached munin ...

which still uses localhost.localdomain I think ...

All the bugs was already in the debian-edu_sarge_installation.txt document. The only thing I wonders about is the 3rd item at the list. What should I do with the proxy-settings?

was the browser actually set up in mozilla ?

For all others that want to test, but dont have an account on developer, and dont want to use ftp over and over again, we have now set up a rsync repository for you
 rsync ftp.skolelinux.no::sarge-cd/

Joey is currently working on getting debian-cd to include newer udebs on the cd as we make them availible. I will try to find time to learn how to remove unwanted packages from the CD, and add extra packages. when this happens I will stop generating bzzware images (I hope) and someone (maybe me) will start to set aside prereleases of the sarge image.
From top of my head - here is something to work on:
- The tests for the 14 or so services (read the architecture document)
- autofs-ldap
- MTA setup - exim4 config files looks almost as frightening as the
  sendmail config files
- proxy settings - mozilla dont read /etc/mozilla/prefs.js anymore :(
- locale no_NO -> nb_NO (I think we are closing in on this one)
- reboot issue after installation is done
- a lot of other things

--
Finn-Arne Johansen, faj@bzz.no
http://bzz.no