Re: NFS disconnects periodically [nearly solved]

Am Mittwoch, 8. Dezember 2004 13:07 schrieb Ralf Gesel|ensetter:
> I got the feeling that our tjener is to blame for peridical hangs I
> observed at thin clients, and work stations. LTSPserver reports
> someting like: NFS not reachable (time-out) / NFS connected ok.

Hi there,

I am very close to the solution, now:
- ldap/nfs overload is due to crashing nscd on ltsp.
- these crashes are now compensated by starting nscd
  via cronjob every 5 min.
- nscd depends only on libc6
- as opposed to the original skolelinux version 2.2.3,
  installed on my ltsp I found  libc6 (2.3.2.ds1-18)

> apt-cache policy libc6
> libc6:
>   Installed: 2.3.2.ds1-18
>   Candidate: 2.3.2.ds1-18
>   Version Table:
>  *** 2.3.2.ds1-18 0
>         100 /var/lib/dpkg/status
>      2.2.5-14.3 0
>         500 http://www.linex.org woody/linex Packages
>      2.2.5-11.5 0
>         500 http://security.debian.org stable/updates/main Packages
>         500 ftp://ftp.skolelinux.no woody/main Packages
>         500 ftp://ftp.debian.de woody/main Packages

I don't know exactly where I got it from (downgrading would remove
nearly everything!), but "gg: 2.3.2.ds1-18 libc6" gives me segfault
reports as first hit!

> Am Wochenende ber ein libc6-Upgrade in Sarge gestolpert: von libc6
> 2.3.2.ds1-16 auf libc6 2.3.2.ds1-18 und ssh antwortet nicht mehr. Sp r
> dann, als ich den Rechner wieder in greifbarer N hatte, bemerke ich,
> dass einige Programme mit segmentation fault beendet wurden.
> Nach einem Downgrade auf die alte libc6 (die noch
> in /var/cache/apt/archives lag) ist zum Gl ck alles wieder beim alten.

Furthermore it seems to be from unstable (!)

Regards
Ralf