Re: Disable double loggin with ldap?

Am Donnerstag, 16. Dezember 2004 11:06 schrieb Torstein Dybdahl:
> Hi,
> at my school we now have several ltspservers.

hi there,

I understand what you mean and have this idea:
use kdm's logon /logoff script to
- create / delete a lockfile in ~/.kde:
  touch ~/.kde/.unique-session-lock
  rm -f ~/.kde/.unique-session-lock
  at login / logout
- at login time, check if a lock file exists
  and exit 1 if this is the case
- to soften the backdraw of orphaned locks
  the check for existence could be reduced to
  lock files younger than ...:

  find ~/.kde -ctime -1 -name .unique-session-lock
  only matches files vreated during the past 24 hrs.

This layout is still quite coarse, but it shouldn't be too hard to
implement. Most difficult thing: to spread the alternations in kdm
scripts to all ltsp / ws (how do you do that at the moment with other
files?)

Regards
Ralf