Re: skolelinux and ubuntu and schooltool

On Thu, 9 Dec 2004 21:44:04 +0100, Andreas Schuldei wrote

> > > i am the schooltool sponsor.
> >
> > what do you mean ?
>
> you do not seem to have understood my explanation below. do you
> about upload queues, debian maintainers, gpg-signatures on
> packages and the NewMaintainer Process?

i do  understand now very well. THanks

> > > that means i am the one uploading
> > > their software to the archive, claiming it is fine to use and
> > > legal etc.
>
> it means i vouch for the schooltool package in front of the
> debian community and its users when i sign Brian Sutherland`s
> packages with my debian gpg key and upload it to the Incoming
> queue so it might end up in the archive and in the next stable
> debian distribution eventually, untill Brian is a debian
> maintainer himself.

OK

> did this help, now?

yes, it did very well. Thanks.

> there is more common work going on with regard to the importing
> of schooltool data about persons from schooltool to cerebrum in
> the debian-edu system. cerebrum is the meta-directory we are
> going to use for mangeling and reexporting user data

and, as asked by Tom Hoffman a link between this system (I suppose
cerebrum as it will reexport data to ldap) and schooltool/schoolbell would
be very interesting.

> i am a debian developer and work on debain edu.

OK. I have now understood.

Thank you very much

I probably won't have the opportunity to come to either the ubuntu
developpers' meeting in January in Spain, nor to the Skolelinux
developpers's meeting at the end of January in Oslo, but it could be very
interesting if respective main developpers of both could meet in person at
these event .. then post a summary of the discussions and decisions, amd
maybe also come to Brussels to Fosdem were many other free software
developpers will gather (see http://fosdem.org) at the end of February.

I am not going to reorganize a full meeting like last year Freeedem
dedicated to education, but with your help and support, I would very much
like to coordinate some activities around these these themes
Debian-edu/skolelinux/ubuntu/schooltool within Fosdem if possible (at
least on the sunday, as I am busy already on the Saturday but not at Fosdem)

Regards,

Nicolas

--
Nicolas Pettiaux