Re: ltsp-usb

Gavin McCullagh skrev:
On Wed, 08 Dec 2004, Klaus Ade Johnstad wrote:

Works for me :-)

Maybe your pen isn't /dev/sda1 but
/dev/sda?

This inconsistency across drives is a real pain.  In linux in general my
pendrive is always /dev/sda4.  I guess this implies an odd partition table.
I'm still unsure how to reliably predict the partition number on any
pendrive except by trial and error.  One way is to do:

cfdisk /dev/sda

and see what partitions it reports.

Yes, on a workstation that is fine. Unfortunately there are few such tools available on a thin client (by design). But since I can mount /dev/sda1 on /tmp/mnt it seems reasonable to assume the device is correct.

Trying Ubuntu linux recently, it `just worked' for the first time popping
up right away on the desktop.  Doing this with ltsp is of course somewhat
more challenging.

Indeed.

--
Med vennlig hilsen