Re: Does Linux have viruses?

Hi,

On Sat, 04 Dec 2004, Conrad Newton wrote:

> Do people really say that they are equivalent?  I did not realize that
> things were that bad.  Does XP distinguish between the two?

Not to the user.  The way to execute a program is to double-click it in
windows explorer.  The way to open a file with it's associated application
is to double-click it in windows explorer.

> Can you still have an executable attachment run automatically, with
> modern versions of Windows?

Outlook doesn't automatically execute them no, but I think it still it
allows you to double-click the attachment icon and do the default
associated thing.  That will mean execute it if the file extension is
{.exe,.bat,.com,.vbs,.pif,.scr, etc}.

Gavin