Webmin on LTSP to enable panic actions

Hi there,

I have some ideas on implementing some panic buttons for a better ltsp
performance.

1. Assuming the LTS is another machine than Tjener, webmin still
supports an integration of remote webmin servers AFAIK. This means one
could possibly log in to Tjener's Webmin and then use all LTS webmins
as well. I didn't try this however.

2. Possible panic actions triggered by an apt webmin button could be
- killall for specific applications (mozilla, openoffice, java)
- renice (as above)
- kill a session
- run scripts like: nightkill.sh

3. An issue could be that a "hanging" system (e.g. through fork bombing)
wouldn't respond via Webmin either.

4. I agree that a better option could be preconfiguring watchdogs that
trigger such actionas at particular CPU usage. Then, there still could
be the need for using webmin with LTS (upgrade, DHCP, ...)

What do you think? Any further performing relevant tools or scripts?

Regards
Ralf