Re: printer

On Fri, 26 Nov 2004, Steffen Joeris wrote:

> I know that this question is not a specific one of debian-edu, but maybe
> one of you knows the answer.
> I've got a canon i560 and i need some driver for it.

This site is invaluable for printing in linux in general.

http://linuxprinting.org/

though this printer is not in the listings.  Google on the other hand with
the expression "cups canon i560" turned up these:

http://www.linuxprinting.org/pipermail/canon-list/2004q4/001726.html
http://forums.techguy.org/archive/index.php/t-237231.html
http://www.linuxcompatible.org/cdetail11744.html
http://www.stargeek.com/item/18256.html

all of which suggest you use the gimp-print+ cups driver and tell it the
printer is a bjc 8100, 7000 or some such.

Gavin