FreeNX is out

dear skoletuxe,

i forward this info from Fabian:

FreeNX 0.2.7 is out. You might have noticed that it was available from the
server since two days, but after the catastrophal 0.2.6 release I wanted to
do extensive testing and sleeping before releasing it.

I have now tested:

- - nxclient 1.4.0 snapshot 4 (still used for example on Knoppix 3.6)
- - nxclient 1.4.0 final
- - nxclient 1.3.2
- - kNX

The release is called "Skolelinux Edition", because huge work on it was done
in the Skolelinux testcenter in Gütersloh. I want to thank them for that.

This "branch" 0.2 will also only get new bugfixes or security enhancements,
but no new features.

Also after the 0.2.6 release, I learnt that even with small changes you need
to do extensive testing.

New features will just be in the 0.3.0 or 0.4.0 branches, which will be opened
soon.

And here is a question for you:

Which is the most needed feature for you missing in FreeNX (either compared to
commercial NX or just what you can think of)?

As a last part here is the ChangeLog:

20.11.2004 FreeNX 0.2.7 "Skolelinux Edition"
        * Fix nxserver to work again with KNX-Client. ('\r' is evil)
        * Fix timeout in nxnode-login to allow proper session management
          again.
        * Fixed possible race condition for the wait-file.

Enjoy!

Regards/Viele Gruesse!
Kurt
--