Re: Thin Clients: No Boot Device (sometimes)

Am Samstag, 13. November 2004 12:48 schrieb Klaus Ade Johnstad:
> Maybe you have run out of automatically assigned ip-addresses?
> That would give you a "no dhcp offers found" on the thinclient side,
> while wathing syslog on the server you would see that the thinclient
> tried to connect.
> This is the relevant stanza from /etc/dhcp3/dhcpd-debian-edu.conf
> range 192.168.0.200 192.168.0.253;

Hi, thanks for that hint - IIRC Mac Addresses are assigned in a fixed
manner - once in a while there is also situations where I must restart
ltsp-server in order to make _any_ client boot at all.

I, now believe, that the concerned clients have either some "personal"
problems, one has been found not to have LAN in boot selections.

Will try to trail the issue.

Regards
Ralf