Re: etherboot startup from lilo, and hdparm for spinning down disk.

On Thu, Nov 11, 2004 at 09:07:16AM +0000, Gavin McCullagh wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Thu, 11 Nov 2004, Torstein Dybdahl wrote:
>
> > Have not made the howto for lilo install in english.
> >
> > With this solution we can use the cheap rtl8139 networkcards in
> > ltspclients with harddisk.
>
> It seems a nice idea that this route be documented, though the etherboot
> route is obviously a lot simpler.  You must be on a very tight budget as
> etherboot cards are about 22 euro from Martin Herweg.  If you have the
> cards you can just buy ROM chips for them for 11 euro.

and you can get the eproms for free if you look a bit (else: ebay?) and
if you hit on some friend in an electronics shop you can burn the
eproms for free, too. it is really easy and easy to mass-produce.

11euros for an epropm sounds ... profitable.