Re: Lessdisks, LTSP, workstations, VNC, NoMachine NX, FreeNX (Was: Workstation Maintainance?)

Am Dienstag, 2. November 2004 17:23 schrieb Finn-Arne Johansen:

> FAI - well here I'm blank. I know Kurt loves it. I know it is really
>   fast in setting up new machines, and I know it supports LVM, which
>   systemimager does not. But I dont think it's usefull for updating
> old installations. I know someone has said so, but I'm not sure.

Hi, FAI is not image based, but file / package based. Hence the
spreading of files is - even if predefined - always up-to-date (as for
version numbers). So, as I understand it, unattended re-installing a
system with recent packages in no time could be an alternative to
updating package by package.

Regards
Ralf