Re: Reported install prob with Rev 1

Am Montag, 1. November 2004 22:31 schrieb Ralf Gesel|ensetter:
> no further details given.

Well, I have further information now - sounds tricky:

Selected profiles are standallone + standallone xtras.
Hard disc is preformatted (PartMagic):
> primärpartion (aktiv) fat32 für win xp
> 1. erweiterte partion fat32 (daten für win xp)
> 2. erweiterte partion ext3 (-linux root-partion)
> 3. erweiterte partion linux swap
> 4. erweiterte partion ext3 (mountpoint /daten)

Automatic partitioner is said not to run - in expert mode, partitions
2,3 and partly 4 are formatable.

Selecting lilo instead of grub in expert mode gives some further
messages:

- after base installation the pc starts loading,
- message "starting syslog daemon" hangs quite a while
- then something is going on and the system hangs finally with:
"Switching console charset mapping to iso-8859-15
 INIT: Id "1" respawning too fast: disabled for 5 minutes

My guess is, without lvm you got trouble.

Regards
Ralf