Re: Workstation Maintainance?

Hi,

On Mon, 01 Nov 2004, Ralf Gesel|ensetter wrote:

> Am Montag, 1. November 2004 14:54 schrieb Gavin McCullagh:
> > Interesting.  I'm really going to have to get my test network back up
> > and running to try some of this stuff.
>
> Does this mean, BTW, you got your own "test center" back yonder?

I had one in my house using a bunch of old machines.  These are now in a
school though so I'll have to get my hands on more machines or vmware or
something.  qemu is an awful lot of hassle to get working well.

> Are there any  skolelinux using schools over on your isle yet? Would be
> great to see them as red dots on our map :)

I know of one school that is using aspects of Skolelinux (dhcp,cups), but
only testing thin clients with a view to desktop use.  I wouldn't yet call
that using skolelinux.  I'll keep you informed though :-)

> Samba works behind an LTSP (in a 192.168.0 net) for sure? Would be a
> good interim solution, anyway.

As far as I know it will.  As usual I haven't tested it though,

Gavin