Re: Suggestion: Feedback Query Form

Ralf Gesel|ensetter wrote:
what about the list of schools at the bottom of
http://www.skolelinux.org/portal/user_experience/ ?

Actually, I meant something
like

http://www.skolelinux.org/portal/user_experience/test_schools/test_schools_add

I will try to localize it, so far there are only 3 schools that are not in
Norway. Didn't know there was one at Luebeck!

Thanks!

Seems like I am not the only one who didn't know of this cute tool! With me,
Stefan registered as well :)

Now, as for localisation: One issue seems that most subscribers used their
mother tongue to describe their experiences. Should we encourage English as
first choice to use?
How is this database rendered / addressed? What script language you use? I
guess, localization has to go into the code. At this point I'd find it
handsome to have a list view of all schools (one line each).

Instructions for localizing the Skolelinux schools list is in:
http://cvs.skolelinux.no/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/skolelinux/www/www.skolelinux.no/slschools/README?rev=1.1&content-type=text/vnd.viewcvs-markup

It should be a fairly straight forward procedure. Let me know if you've got any problems.
All constant strings are stored in a separate XML file.

Information is fetched from the database, using PHP, made into XML, and finally transformed using XSL.

There is no support for the school to add their comment in more than one language.
This has been briefly discussed on the www list a few weeks ago.

Tommy