what are your country`s requirements for privacy in schools?

hi!

yesterday night we had a short exchange on the #schooltool
channel about different requirements in different countries
regarding privacy in general and seperation of administative
network on the one and school/teaching network on the other hand.

in norway it is enough if those networks are seperated by a
firewall, in germany the law requires a physical seperation (with
no network connection) between the two nets. The US does not seem
to have such requirements.

what is it like in your country? could you find out and give a
short summary, please? it is important for how we can interface
best with schooltool (and other such administrative software
solutions) and keep user data up to date in the future.

/andreas