Re: weekly report week 40

Petter Reinholdtsen wrote:
> [Joey Hess]
> >  - Finish bochs test framework support.
>
> Where is the current code for this?  How slow is it?

The bochs scheme is here:
svn://svn.debian.org/d-i/people/joeyh/autoinstall/schemes/bochs
You have to use that with digress, from
svn://svn.debian.org/d-i/trunk/scripts/digress

It's pretty slow, but as long as the install runs in less than 6 hours,
I can just run it overnight, so I don't care.

> >  - I'd like to begin checking all recent CAN numbers to see if those
> >    security holes are fixed in sarge, but this is such an enormous task
> >    that I'm hesitant to begin (could take weeks).
>
> Is there a security issue tracking database available?  The Ubuntu
> people talked about making one, and I suspect it is an important part
> of securing testing.

I don't know of one. My plan is to just use the BTS, it's not like I'm
hoping to get advance notice of vulnerabilities before they're released.

> What happened with your proposal document?  Time to make it public?

Soon.

--
see shy jo