Re: configuration of postoffice / kmail?

Am Freitag, 1. Oktober 2004 14:49 schrieb Ralf Gesel|ensetter:
> - double check

Hi, now it is myself again replying. Together with Patrick W., we checked the
setup again. As a matter of fact, kmail is not preconfigured (apart from the
user name in identity). After some trials, we managed to get imap running
this time with kmail (SSL must be activated).

Fetching mail through POP3 eventually failed - and apparently there is not
even a pop3 deamon installed. After some discussions we agreed, that it is
virtually not necessary to have a pop3 service, as the mail can be read by
imap as well (they stay on the server either case). Only for teaching
reasons, pop3 should be available.

Alas, we didn't copy the working settings from kmailrc. This has to be done in
order to prepare some /etc/skel/..../kmailrc to be working out of the box.

Regards
Ralf