Re: Questions about translating skolelinux po files

On Friday 27 August 2004 21:18, Konstantinos Margaritis wrote:
> Hi,
>
> First, I've found and corrected some spelling errors in a few .pot
> files (the templates) and the relevant .po files (per language) so
> that the translations don't get fuzzied.
great, keep in mind that the .pot file is generated so you don't want to
correct things directly in the .pot file but in the file it is generated
from (lang/en mostly for webminmodules, the en.sgml file for documentation,
the debconf templates file for the package questions)

> Now, should I commit only
> these files and leave the further processing (mainly the creation of
> the sgml, pdf files, etc) to their maintainers or should I upload the
> whole bunch?
if you've generated them and they look fine, commit them all

> Finally, has anyone any idea how to make jade/docboocxml to use
> unicode fonts? Right now it uses the Symbol font for Greek, and I
> have to say it's ugly...
no idea

> Also, can someone fill me in the system used for developing the
> PDF/etc documents from SGML? Unicode support is rather minimal from
> what I saw (Greek being one, but now that Skolelinux is being
> translated into more and more languages, perhaps some other system
> more Unicode friendly might be more appropriate). Check this link for
> details:

the make files, use the various docbook2* programs from the docbook-utils
package to generate everything from the various .sgml files (which use
Jade/Openjade underneed)

The .sgml files (except the english one which is the source) are generated
with the po2xml tool (poxml package, part of the kde sdk) from the english
smgl file and the .po files for that language.

If you know about a better way to do this, feel free to change things
around, once you have a working setup
--
cobaco (aka Bart Cornelis):
    Coördinator Belgisch Skolelinux team