"Running a Successful Open Source Project"

I came across this well written article on things to consider when
running a successful open source project.  I agree with most of the
points (though not the "Also, only commit 1 file at a time, instead of
all at once." comment), and believe it includes several of the
important things to consider in a small free software project.

(Larger projects need to consider even more factors to be able to keep
and attract developers. :)

Check out <URL:http://www.sophists.org/article361.html>

(PS: As for commiting one file at the time, I believe in committing
one logical change at the time, even if it consist of several files)