How to make CUPS on Tjener print (was: Re: Q: Cups on Tjener without X and Postscript ?)

Am Mittwoch, den 11. August hub Ralf Gesel|ensetter folgendes in die Tasten:

Hi.

> on irc, I talked to Jarle, who had the same problem that I had before:
> Some printer drivers don't work for cups on tjener, but do well if you install
> them on a workstation or ltsp server. This leads to the conclusion,
> that there are packages included in X11 that are needed for some filters
> (maybe font rendering or whatsoever).

Good Idea :-)

> Is there any deeper insight into this matter, yet?

I had a look into that and found out that gs (GhostScript) was not
installed on tjener, but is needed by CUPS (CUPS make a call to gs
to render the input as a PS-file.)

So installing gs on tjener make it work for me.
Please test it and include gs into the profile for the mainserver,
I don't know where and how to do this.

Carpe Noctem
Max
--