Re: I suggest a new title on the "Driftsbok"

* Jonas Smedegaard <dr@jones.dk> [040813 13:45]:

> On 13-08-2004 13:00, Kurt wrote:
> | * Knut Yrvin <knuty@skolelinux.no> [040812 18:45]:
> |

> |>What about:
> |>"Running a Skolelinux/Debian Edu network" or
> |>"Run and maintain s Skolelinux network"?
> |>
> |>What do you think?
> |

> | i think, the aim is not only the network
> ~                                 ^^^
>
> Did you forget "Skolelinux" above?

No, i like the name skolelinux much more than Debian Edu. But for
international purposes perhaps it is better to show the Debian
Basis.

In Germany we had other schoolservers without linux on desktop.
So i would like to show, that skolelinux is a complete solution
with Free Software, not only on serverside and network.

> | i would like to have something like:
> |
> | Free Software at Schools

this is important for me for political reasons,
but perhaps to general for a manual.

> | Installing and maintain a Debian Edu Network
>
> Uh - I didn't dare suggesting that, but now it is out, I warmly welcome
> that suggestion: It is Debian, and it is the Edu branch of Debian. It
> was invented by Skolelinux, and we should advertise that wherever
> appropriate, but it brings confusion to non-Skolelinux networks having
> it in the title IMHO.

So perhaps we could take something like:

Debian at Schools
Installing and maintain a Skolelinux Network

> Also, if stripping "Skolelinux" there's no need to add a dash, which
> makes better sense: Combining through dashes are less common in english
> than the scandinavian languages (but needed IMHO if Skolelinux not
> stripped, as explained in an earlier mail).
>

> ~ - Jonas

Regards/Viele Gruesse!
Kurt
--