Re: Issues with missing default Windows user and groups in Venus' Samba.

On Thu, Aug 05, 2004 at 08:38:50PM +0200, Jarle Osmund Vågen wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Are there anyone that have thought about missing standard windows users
> and groups in Venus' skolelinux domain?
> relevant link:
> http://www.samba.org/samba/docs/man/Samba-HOWTO-Collection/groupmapping.html#id2537060

There were som etalks about it on irc, if I remember correctly, but I
chose not to push for it. We did however use this on Ulsrud, mapping the
Posix-group admins to the Samba/ADS group "Domain Admins"

I think the procedure looks like:
 net groupmap add rid=<admins-gid> unixgroup=admins type domain \
     ntgroup="Domain admins"

That will make the people in the admins group in unix appear as Domain
admins on the samba clients.

// faj