Re: Errors with webmin-ldap-user-simple_1.2-15

* Klaus Ade Johnstad (k.s.a.johnstad@astro.uio.no) [040408 23:37]:
> Situation:
> Machine installed with daily build pr47 from 1. April 2004, installed
> webmin-ldap-user-simple_1.2-15_all.deb with dpkg. Machine is without
> internet
> connection, no apt-get upgrade done. When I first tried wlus, it was
> with 1.2.15, the ldap wasn't used
> prior to that version.

the logfiles are not helping a lot, i guess the screen content
would hold more information.

do you have sambasync set in your /etc/webmin/ldap-users/config ?
try to comment it out, if it exists.
if that does not help, kill nscd.

we (finnarne and i) ran into this bug after we made smbpasswd
work today. the problem in that case lies with nscd, once again.
We create a user and when smbpasswd tries to edit its acount
information to add samba attributes, it does not exist in the
nscd cache yet and as a result the process fails.

one line in your last logfile indicated this problem.

i tried adding users just now and it worked like a charm.

did you get any error in the browser? i would be interested in
that.