Re: Interesting Applications for Skolelinux

Hello,

As a mathematician and teacher, I want to add to this list two
interesting applications I see as mandatory in a school network of free
software:

- TeXmacs a text editor oriented toward sciences. Some of the cool
aspect of TeXmacs is its ability to integrate other math software as
GNUPlot, Parix, Maxima, ...
http://www.texmacs.org

- DrGeo an interactive geometry software - written by myself since '99 -
very user friendly, and featuring very unique feature as
macro-construction, scriptability and a programming interface to define
functionnaly interactive geometric figure. Documentation (about 70
pages) come in Franch, Italian, Dutch, Spanish. Mostly out of sync
English documentation is also available.
http://www.ofset.org/drgeo

Regards,

Hilaire

--