Re: Interesting Applications for Skolelinux

Herman Robak wrote:
On Wed, 2004-03-24 at 22:32, rgx wrote:

Am Mittwoch, 24. März 2004 18:06 schrieb rgx:

2b ct'd

How about Blender (or any other 3D graphics app)?
- http://www.blender.org/ and http://www.blender3d.org/

 Pretty hard for beginners.  I like it, but I'm not quite
sure where it fits into a K12 curriculum.

I agree, I have modeled helicopters, buildings landscapes in 3studio. I still have no clue how to use blender. It's very complex, and not easy to learn, even for high-school student (or collage students).

Blender is already an deb package, in sarge at least. so a post installation for those that are interested is no problem.

Tidy, on the other hand, should be with. Maby also blufish, for more advansed computer classes. Tidy is a must atleast.

tidy takes 24kB of diskspace.
http://www.w3c.org/tidy/
--
Michael Menk