Re: NFS-SWAP

[Ragnar writes about NFS-swap being used generally on all thin clients,
and that 32MB ram may be too little for school usage]

Please, can you give some details on the experiences: What eats up so
much memory on a thin client?

No, I have not gone into details and done any study on what it is that eats memory. On a thin client mostly X runs, so it must be related to that.

I find it difficult to understand that to be true, unless you are
talking about "half-fat clients" - that is, thin clients but with some
programs (or floppy/sound daemon) running locally.

Believe what you want, my experience is with real life school installations using proper thin clients and that become stable using NFS swap :-) No local daemons were in use.

--
Med vennlig hilsen
Ragnar Wisløff