Re: Common Live CD base and generator (was: Educational Collaboration)

Kermit Jones wrote:

> There is someone working on a Morphix LiveCD generator.  Basically you
> simply pick the modules you want and it automatically scripts the
> creation of the LiveCD.  Yes, Morphix modules require maintenance above
> and beyond .deb packages, but they are simpler than Debian meta-packages
> in many respects.

In the long wouldn't requireing no extra maintenance be even better?
As Morphix is derived from Debian I think they build upon .debs?

> I'm just hoping we can build on it
> to use its strengths and those of debian.

Yes that would be great I am sure there are ways morphix tools could
be usefull for debian in general.

Peter