Re: Common Live CD base and generator (was: Educational Collaboration)

p.carsten@arcor.de a écrit :
Hello,
Hello,

One of the tremendous strengths of Morphix, and the main reason my non-profit has chosen it, is that it very easily allows for customization of a LiveCD. Want KDE? Place the KDE-MainModule into the mainmod directory. Want to add OpenOffice? Place the OpenOffice-MiniModule

Projects like morphix are magnificent, however each module needs maintenence outside of debian.

The idea I would like a litle more would be a project to include a live CD base package into debian. Maybe with support from Morphix and others.

A Debian Live CD generator, somthing like jigdo[1] for live CDs that can draw any .deb into a live CD.

That'my opinion too.

few scripts can transorm a debootstrapped debian into liveCD knoppixLike. in fact there is importants points:

- initscripts needs adaptation (runs autoconf, createq swap (swapfile), looks for home in usb stick, install the user, launch xsession...). - autoconf needs to be entirely packaged, as all the user/applications configuration.

But AFAIK jigdo is not possible. Because all the knoppix like liveCD use compressed filesystems (cloop for knoppix and directly derived works, i use squashfs in my k-mib-ppc, and there is othoer possibility like gcloop, utx,... ).

Regards,

--
Fleny