Q: How to get warned at Disk failure?

Hi there,

On our servers I had to install a special version of raid tools to check
my hard disks health state. I deviced a line like

if test  5 == `raidstatus |grep Optimal |wc -l`; then  echo "OK";fi

and now want to be warned otherwise. Idea: put it in the cronjob, send
mail or beep aloud at failurs. Any "best" ways to to this?

BTW: The execution if raidstatus takes about 3-4 seconds and gives in
original a message like:

Address    Type              Manufacturer/Model         Capacity  Status
d0b0t0d0   Disk Drive (DASD) FUJITSU  MAP3367NC         35046MB
Optimal
d0b0t1d0   Disk Drive (DASD) FUJITSU  MAP3367NC         35046MB
Optimal
d0b0t2d0   Disk Drive (DASD) FUJITSU  MAP3367NC         35046MB
Optimal
d0b0t3d0   Disk Drive (DASD) FUJITSU  MAP3367NC         35046MB
Optimal
d0b0t8d0   SAF-TE            SDR      GEM318            -----
Optimal

Thanks